Gourmet Mashed Sweet Potato Recipe
If sweet potatoes aren’t currently a regular part of your diet, then I highly suggest you start incorporating it! Not only are they readily available, affordable, and delicious, they have several benefits to your health.
They’re full of various essential nutrients and minerals, as well as fiber to keep you full until your next meal.
I suggest making this recipe with a protein source such as steak, tuna, or chicken (or any other type of lean meat), or tofu if you’re a vegetarian.
This works great as a pre or post workout meal and takes literally minutes to make. Don’t be turned off by the use of a microwave, it saves you so much time and comes out with the same consistency as if it were baked in the oven.
- Medium-sized (~300g) sweet potato
- 1 Small onion
- 2 slices of turkey bacon
- salt and pepper
- Microwave your sweet potato for around 5-6 minutes or until it’s soft all the way through.
- Dice your onion and turkey bacon slices.
- Pan fry your onion and turkey bacon (you can add Worcestershire sauce as well).
- Mash your sweet potato with a fork or masher.
- Add the onion and turkey bacon to your mashed potato and top with salt and pepper. You can also top it with dill if you’d like.
Let me know how you like it!