High Protein, Low Calorie Tuna Melt Sandwich
Looking for a cheap to make, nutritious, and savory lunch idea that takes only minutes to whip up? You’ve come to the right place!
This tuna melt sandwich is a great alternative to the higher calorie tuna melt recipes out there and doesn’t compromise on the taste.
Feel free to use this as a pre-workout, or post-workout meal as it’s high in protein and contains an adequate amount of carbs for energy and recovery.
- 1 can of tuna (170g)
- 1 tablespoon low fat miracle whip
- handful of chopped celery and green onions
- salt and chipotle pepper as seasoning
- 2 slices low fat cheese (mine were extra thin and only 45 cals/slice)
- 2 slices multigrain bread
- In a bowl mix the tuna, low fat miracle whip, celery, green onions and seasoning.
- Evenly spread the mixture onto a slice of your bread.
- Add the slices of cheese and add the other piece of bread.
- Toast on a pan for about 1 minute on each side (until each side is browned).
You can serve it with ketchup or whatever condiments you like! Let me know how you like it