This post may contain affiliate links. It costs you nothing and helps keep the lights on and weights racked here at Students Fitness. Read our affiliate disclosure if you're having trouble sleeping.
High Protein, Low Calorie Tuna Melt Sandwich
Looking for a cheap to make, nutritious, and savory lunch idea that takes only minutes to whip up? You’ve come to the right place!
This tuna melt sandwich is a great alternative to the higher calorie tuna melt recipes out there and doesn’t compromise on the taste.
Feel free to use this as a pre-workout, or post-workout meal as it’s high in protein and contains an adequate amount of carbs for energy and recovery.
- 1 can of tuna (170g)
- 1 tablespoon low fat miracle whip
- handful of chopped celery and green onions
- salt and chipotle pepper as seasoning
- 2 slices low fat cheese (mine were extra thin and only 45 cals/slice)
- 2 slices multigrain bread
- In a bowl mix the tuna, low fat miracle whip, celery, green onions and seasoning.
- Evenly spread the mixture onto a slice of your bread.
- Add the slices of cheese and add the other piece of bread.
- Toast on a pan for about 1 minute on each side (until each side is browned).
You can serve it with ketchup or whatever condiments you like! Let me know how you like it